ABOUT SEBASCO HARBOR RESORT
Comfortable Lodgings. Great Food. Natural Beauty. Lifelong Memories.
- 1909-1912: Freeman and Jenny Merritt purchase what is now the Rock Gardens Inn. In the following years, they buy more land, including part of Harbor Island (formerly known as Horse Island).
- 1912-1928: During this time, The Merritts build various buildings on the grounds, most notably the Clubhouse, which is still in use. They also start developing the golf course, now known as “The Links.”
- 1928-1944: Nate Cushman purchases the property and launches the resort as we know it today in 1930.
- 1945-1959: Cushman and his son build the lighthouse and expand the property with the saltwater pool, tennis courts, and Cornelius Room. Many famous guests stayed at Sebasco in these years, including Eleanor Roosevelt and Benny Goodman. Roosevelt even wrote about Sebasco in “My Day” after her stay here on the way to Campobello.
- 1959-1997: The Cushmans sell the resort to Dorothy and Woodbury Dana. They renovate and modernize much of the property.
- 1997-2021: The property passes into Bob Smith’s hands. He builds The Ledges Pub. Moves the Clipper building and adds more suites in its place.
- 2022-Present: Giri Hotel Management purchases Sebasco Harbor Resort, and runs it in the present day.
Get out on the water in a kayak or sailboat
Get in a quick match on our courts, located right next to the putting green
Bowl a couple of games on our vintage candlepin lanes
Golf our 9-hole course with spectacular views of the Sebasco Harbor.
Entertain the whole family with foosball, shuffle board, and more
Our Olympic-sized saltwater pool overlooks Sebasco Harbor
Camp activities for the kids, with games, new friends, and learning opportunities